Clifford R. Mermell, Esq.
Founding & Managing Partner
Clifford R. Mermell, Esq., created The Law Offices of Gillis, Mermell & Pacheco, P.A. on March 1, 1996, and has been the senior and managing partner of the firm since its creation.
Mr. Mermell has dedicated his entire professional life to the representation of injured persons in Florida and around the world.
As a Florida Bar Board Certified Workers' Compensation lawyer, Mr. Mermell is recognized by Judges and his peers as an expert in the area of Workers' Compensation law. He has handled the claims of injured victims in more than 3,000 cases and has taken claims to trial in over 200 cases, as well as representing injured victims in over 1,000 mediations.
After representing injured persons for over 31 years, Mr. Mermell has earned a reputation of refusing to back down. He is dedicated and determined to obtain the maximum compensation value for each of his clients.
Mr. Mermell is completely fluent in English and Spanish.
- AV (Highest Rating Possible) Preeminent Peer Review Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubbell Rating Service.
- 2014 Recognition as a Top Rated National Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law by American Lawyer Magazine, Corporate Counsel Magazine, and National Law Journal.
- Avvo Client Choice Award in recognition of his clients' satisfaction and testimonials about his work, every year since 2015 to 2020.
- Superb Top-Rated Lawyer with a 10.0 rating by Avvo every year since 2015 to 2020.
- Recognized in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Workers' Injury Law Group (WILG) as one of the Nation's Top 100 Injured Workers' Attorneys.
- 2015 Recognition by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) as one of the Nation's Top One Percent of all lawyers nationwide.
- Member of the Workers Compensation Section of the Florida Bar since 1989.
- Member of the Florida Workers' Advocates since 1994.
- Member of the Workers' Injury Law Group for the past 7 years.
- Board of Trustees of the Friends of 440 Organization since 1994, serving as its Treasurer from 2006 to 2009.
- Mr. Mermell has attended the Annual Florida Workers' Compensation Convention in Orlando for 23 out of the past 25 years.
- Frequently Invited Speaker as an Expert in the areas of Defense Base Act, Longshore Act and Florida Worker's Compensation Act.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, 1985
- Juris Doctorate, University of Miami School of Law, 1989
- Admitted to practice in all courts of Florida since 1989
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Florida since 1989
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation since 1995.
- Recognized as an Expert at Representing Injured Workers since 1995.